About This Webinar
This webinar is an introduction to blockchain technology and its potential as a disruptor in many aspects of commerce, banking, and everyday life. Join us to explore how emerging blockchain technologies can help solve problems in current inefficient, expensive, and vulnerable banking and commerce systems. You will also learn how businesses have been using tokens and cryptoassets to raise funds and launch various types of digital platforms.
- Understand the history and origins of blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Understand the difference between cryptocurrency and smart contracts
- Understand how blockchain can be applied in commerce and various industries
What You Will Learn
After this one-hour webinar, you will be able to:
- Determine what blockchain is and is not
- Discuss why blockchain is relevant to business
- Apply blockchain to your context
- Describe how Business Networks benefit from connectivity
- Cite how various assets can be leveraged though the distributed ledger
- Demonstrate why ledgers are essential for business
- Explain Cryptocurrency Terms you should know
This webinar provides 1.0 PDU (0.25 Technical for PMP/PgMP/PMI-ACP and 0.75 Strategic).
Tom Friend (CSP, ACP, AHF, FLEX, CSM, PSM, ATP) is an accomplished Agile consultant, trainer, and coach with 24 years’ experience leading software development teams in various industries to include federal, banking, cable, telecommunications, and energy. He has 13 years of hands on Agile / XP / Scrum software development experience. He is a distinguished graduate from Air War College and has a BS in Aeronautics.