On September 6, 2017, The Project Management Institute (PMI)® released A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ® Guide) – Sixth Edition. That’s big news for anyone in the project management profession.
This webinar will provide an overview of the changes and improvements between the Fifth and Sixth editions of the PMBOK® Guide, including one of the most talked about enhancements: the addition of Agile practices to each Knowledge Area.
In this one-hour session, participants will learn about:
- Changes to the first 3 sections of the PMBOK® Guide – New focus on the standard’s structure / interfaces (sections 1 &2) and a whole section dedicated to “The Role of the Project Manager” (Section 3)
- Changes to Knowledge Area (KA) Processes – Two renamed KAs; three new processes; one deleted process;
- New Knowledge Area Introductory Topics – New themes added by Knowledge Area:
- Key Concepts,
- Trends and Emerging Practices,
- Tailoring Considerations,
- Considerations for Agile / Adaptive Environments (as noted above)
- New Part 2: The Standard for Project Management (focused on a Process Group perspective of what is presented in Part 1, by KA)
About the Trainer
Keith Wilson (MBA, PMP, B.Comm., MCT, MCTS) is a Microsoft Project and Project Management Senior Consultant/Trainer for International Institute for Learning, Inc. His background includes over 25 years of successful management and consulting experience, with a focus that includes project management, training, and business planning. Well known for his public speaking skills and enthusiasm, he has been a welcomed facilitator at numerous Fortune 500 corporations, Universities and Associations worldwide.